Without an H

Photography from south-east Asia by Jon Sanwell

Bangkok miscellany

170201-057-edited-2

A collection of portraits, street scenes and details from my visit to Bangkok at the start of the year.

170126-002-edited

Chinatown

170201-285-edited

170201-277-edited

bangkok-details

170202-032-edited

170202-035-edited

Thailand is in a one year period of mourning for King Bhumibol Adulyadej, who died last year

Advertisements

44 Responses to “Bangkok miscellany”

1. J

Lovely pics plus I’ve learned to beware of falling elephants and not to squeeze that man’s ducks ๐Ÿ˜€

2. Val

These are great! I’ve never thought about going to Bangkok before, but I might add it to my travel wish-list now! How long were you there?

3. da-AL

great!!! especially love ‘don’t squeeze’! makes me want to squeeze my computer ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Britta

These are beautiful. I lived in Thailand for six months last year, and these photos make me miss it!

5. rustamas

These photos are incredible, you have really amazing talent in taking pictures!

6. Nick'swildlife

Love the pictures, I have lived in Thailand for seven years and these pics really captured the Thainess. Were these taken in Yaowarat/Chinatown?

• Jon Sanwell

Thank you! Yes, most of these were taken in the area around Yaowarat – it’s my favourite part of the city.

7. themindfulplanet

Wow! Very striking images. I’m going travelling from Thursday and will be in Bangkok at the end of may, these pictures have made me so excited

8. healingpilgrim

Love your photos! Bangkok is, hands down, one of the most intriguing and photogenic cities I’ve spent time in.. including just last month. The incredible expanse of displays honoring the late King was breathtaking (I captured just a smidgen in my blog too).
    Great shot of the elephant mural. I saw it too but my guess is they’re copulating vertically ๐Ÿ˜‰

9. mbimagery

Great shots! The details are striking. Reminds us that we need to visit! That image of all the bikes really highlights the culture imo. Very Thai.
    If you wouldn’t mind, we’d love feedback on our pictures! Here’s our latest bunch: http://wp.me/p8BRPb-40 . Cheers!

10. nikita2829

I didn’t even know that Bangkok had a Chinatown. Enlightening. Loved seeing the Chinese translations of the food for sale!